2. What is personal information?
Personal information is any information or data that can identify you as an individual. For example, your name, email address and phone number are all types of personal information.
3. When do we collect personal information about you?
We collect your personal information when you give it to us voluntarily. For example, when you give a donation online, you are voluntarily giving us personal information like your email address, billing information, phone number, etc. We will not use your personal information for any purpose other than that for which it is submitted.
4. What personal information do we collect and use?
Perspective Charity collects the following types of personal information:
- First and Last Name
- Mailing Address
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Billing Information
- Cookies and Usage Data
5. Why do we collect and how do we use your personal information?
Our goal is to make our website user-friendly in order to clearly communicate how your donations impact the live of children that you sponsored and helped. We collect your name and email address in order to send you email updates. We share stories, photos and videos from the field in order to keep you informed of our progress. We send a general newsletter every four to six months.
We collect your billing information when we process your donations that fund our work. Any credit card or debit card data you provide to us is securely handled safely by our third-party payment processor. Billing information is encrypted whenever transmitted or received online. Perspective Charity never stores your credit or debit card details. We will use your personal information and data to administer recurring donations if you elect to make a monthly gift.
Personal information (name, mailing address, email) is accessible only by A Perspective Charity staff designated to handle online requests.
We will not use your personal information for any purpose other than that for which it is submitted, and we never sell or rent your personal information to third-parties.
Perspective Charity may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Perspective Charity ;
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with using our website;
- Protect the personal safety of users of our website or the public;
- Protect against legal liability.
6. How long do you store my personal information?
Perspective Charity will retain certain personal information and data for financial transactions for at least as long as the law requires us to for tax or accounting purposes. For fundraising and/or direct marketing purposes, we will retain your personal information and data for a limited period of time.
7. Security and Protection
Perspective Charity employs physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the security and integrity of your personal information, and to ensure that your personal data is protected from being accessed by unauthorized persons or unlawfully processed, accidental loss, destruction and damage. However, please be aware that there are always inherent risks associated with sending your personal data and information by public networks or using public computers. Perspective Charity cannot 100% guarantee the security of all data disclosed or transmitted to us.
8. Children’s Personal Data
Perspective Charity does not offer any information society services (‘ISS’) to children under the age of 18. To the extent possible with technology and capacity, Perspective Charity seeks to verify the age of each data subject to ensure we do not process personal information of children under the age of 18. Furthermore, when we do process personal information for children 18 and over, we do so with their active consent. Perspective Charity always uses appropriate safeguards to ensure children’s personal information is handled with care and respect.
9. Lawful Bases
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we are required to rely on one or more lawful bases to use and store your personal data.
Perspective Charity relies on the following legal bases:
- Perspective Charity relies on your free and active consent in order to process your donations, send you an email newsletter or communicate with you with any other type of direct marketing via email. Please note that registered users who opt out of our newsletter may still be contacted via email by Perspective Charity regarding fundraising campaigns you create or other involvement with our site and/or organization.
- Perspective Charity relies on legal obligation where necessary for Perspective Charity to comply with a legal obligation. For example, where Perspective Charity is obliged to share your personal information with regulatory bodies which govern our work and services.
- Perspective Charity relies on legitimate interest when using your personal data in a manner that you would reasonably expect, and which would have a minimal privacy impact.
10. How to contact us
Perspective Charity is committed to protecting your privacy and upholding your individual rights. To that end, if you would like to raise a complaint about Perspective Charity compliance, please contact us http://www.perspectivecharity.org/contact/
If you would like to request to be forgotten, to change or review the personal information we may have on file or any other request about how Perspective Charity processes your personal information, please contact us http://www.perspectivecharity.org/contact/